Review & photos: Dueba/Barbie/G&G Gossip Grey

by - December 23, 2012

On dark eyes, natural light.
Basic specifications:
Brand: Dueba (also marketed as G&G/Barbie)
Origin: South Korea
Water content: 38%
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Base Curve: 8.6
Duration: 1 year disposable

Color: 4 / 5
I love the colors in these lenses! As you can see from the photo above, they're a kind of a very blueish grey and in the center there's a bit of very pale brown. At first I didn't liked the pale brown because I felt that it didn't blend well on my very dark eyes and the shade was a bit weird, but with the time I started to like it. The color change is good and noticeable but nothing really crazy, very natural. I was afraid these didn't look good in me because of my olive skin but they actually compliment it really nicely! I think these would blend better and look lovely on light brown or hazel eyes.


Design: 4 / 5
These lenses do have a limbal ring, but it is thin and not super dark which makes them more natural (love it!). About the general design, I think the brownish part is too pixel-y for my liking, it looks fake. Still, the grey areas make up for it because the placement of the pixels gives my eyes kind of a shiny/teary look, which is really cute!


Enlargement: 4 / 5
The enlargement of this pair is perfect for a natural but still enlarging look, as you can see in the picture above. This doesn't give any kind of "bug eye" look but you can still see the noticeable effects of the enlargement. This wouldn't be the best for a dolly look (like for example, Geo Super Angel's), but most suitable for a natural, everyday look.

Comfort: 3 / 5
The comfort was not the best with these. I noticed they were drier compared to my lenses from Geo. After about 5 hours of wear sometimes I started really feeling them sitting on my eyes. Also sometimes they gave me small headaches.

Overall: 4 / 5
I love this lenses! they're very natural and cute. The enlargement is perfect for everyday as I already mentioned. The only con is that they are not very comfortable, specially for extended periods.


Last but not least, hope you guys have a merry christmas!


You May Also Like

0 comments